Data Privacy Notice
This privacy notice outlines our commitment to keeping your data safe and secure and explains how we collect and process your data.
1.What is Personal Data?
‘Personal data’ means information that identifies a living person.
This could include a person’s name, address, phone number or email address. ‘Personal data’ also means any personal information you provide to us. This may be by phone, text message (SMS), email, social media, letter and other correspondence, and in person. It can include IP addresses and other technical identifying information.
2.How we collect personal data
We may collect personal data directly from you during our interactions with you. For example, when you:
•contact us via a webform on our website or by email, phone or via social media with an enquiry
•when you purchase our consultancy services
•register to attend or attend one of our training courses
•complete an evaluation form at one of our training courses
3.Who are we?
Jane Stewart is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. We are a single operator limited company providing consultancy, training and information services to organisations and individuals. Our contact details are:
Tel: 07976 884413
4.The personal information we collect
Examples of the information we may collect include:
•Information such as your title, name and contact details including postal address, post code, email address, telephone number, social media identities, job title, the organisation you work for.
•The feedback that you share with us about our services and training.
5.How do we use the information you provide?
We use the data we collect to:
•enable us to provide you with information about our consultancy services and training courses.
•communicate with you about our services and training.
•evaluate our services and training, using feedback you have provided.
Mint Decisions Limited complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR:
• by keeping personal data up to date
• by storing and destroying it securely
• by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
• by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. All personal data is kept on a password protected laptop or in a secure password protected cloud and is not stored or transported on portable electronic devices such as memory sticks.
• never sharing your personal data with third parties without your explicit consent. You have the right to object to how we process data if you wish. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the information below.
6. Your marketing communication preferences
We will only send you marketing communications with your explicit consent.
If you give us permission to contact you, we will always ensure that there is a clear way to opt out of receiving these communications. We will promptly update your contact details and preferences at your request.
7. How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide the services and/or products that you have requested, or for essential purposes such as, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, investigating disciplinary matters and enforcing our agreements.
8. How we use Web Analytics and Cookies
9. Your rights and personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• the right to request a copy of your personal data which Mint Decisions Limited holds about you
• the right to request that Mint Decisions Limited corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Mint Decisions Limited to retain such data
• the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• the right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with their personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data
controller, (known as the right to data portability)
• the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
• the right to object to the processing of personal data
• the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk)
10.Accessing the information we hold about you
If you would like to see the information we hold about you, you can make a request in writing, by either email or text to: Jane Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07976 884413
We are committed to responding to any request to access your information promptly. We are also committed to making any corrections or updates as quickly as possible.
11. Changing your preferences about how we communicate with you
Simply contact us by phone: 07976 884413, email: email@example.com or via the webform on our website: www.mintdecisions.com if you would like to change your preferences about how we contact you.
12. Asking for your data to be deleted
You can request that we stop using your personal data and delete it. In order to do this simply contact us by phone: 07976 884413, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the webform on our website: www.mintdecisions.com
We may need to keep a minimum amount of information to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future.
13. Contact Details
We take our responsibilities around managing your personal data seriously. If you have a query, complaint or wish to exercise your rights in relation to the data we hold about you, in the first instance please contact Jane Stewart: email@example.com, by phone: 07976 884413 or via webform on our website: www.mintdecisions.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via their website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or in writing Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF